Friday, March 2, 2012

Pippilotta Could Work

Pippi Longstocking is a favorite book of mine. Her full name in English , Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Ephraim's Daughter Longstocking, is a sort of gag-name that is funny to hear her introduce herself no matter how many times I read it. Her first name, and nickname especially, might be ready for modern times in my opinion. Some might say Pippilotta is supposed to be part of the joke in how frilly it is, but it sounds pretty legit. It even sounds kind of like a smoosh of Philippa and Carlotta.The nicknames for Pippilotta is what really sells it for me. I consider Pippilotta the most original way to get to high-trending nicknames such as Pippa and Lottie.Not to mention the original Pippi, which gives a nice alternative to those that don't want to seem like they're naming the child after Pippa Middleton but want a name people recognize. I'd recommend Pippilotta to anyone who is not afraid of the frills and loves the books as much as I do.


image source

1 comment:

  1. I saw once a German birthday announced with the name Phillipa-Carlotta. I think it´s an alternative way to get to Pippilotta.

    ReplyDelete