Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Summer of Hippie Names

I don't know if it's the rising temperature, the wonderful burst of nature in the air that summer brings, but I have been getting in touch with my hippie side. I mean, doesn't a nice hot day make you want to walk around barefoot and learn how to play guitar?

But I digress. There is one legacy that my mother's generation left behind that I have been really getting into lately: hippie names. It's a wonderfully creative naming movement that I'd love to see more modern parents embrace.Here are a list of especially fanciful names I'd like to see on more flower children


Girls
Blossom
Echo
Eclipse
Honey
Harmony
Juniper
Love
Moon
Summer
Starlight
Sunshine


Boys
Blaze
Bud
Bergundy
Coyote
Dancer
Dylan
Feather
Land
Light
Storm
Ziggy

Unisex
August
Blue
Cloud
Free
Jay
Journey
Light
Rain
River
Sky
Willow


image source

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see Blossom used too! She's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete